Living in Barcelona
Find out why Barcelona is the place to be, what you need to know to settle into the city and how TBS Education can help you with your student life so you can get the most out of your time here, both academically and socially.
Barcelona, a city for study and work
Get to know a modern, cosmopolitan and active city that’s full of opportunities:
- Best university city in Spain (QS, 2019)
- The city with the best foreign investment strategy (fDi, 2019).
- 3rd largest student community in Spain with over 200,000 students (Idescat, 2017).
- Southern Europe’s most dynamic startup ecosystem (Gencat, 2018).
- Venue of the Mobile World Congress and one of Europe’s major business tourism capitals (Convention Bureau, 2019).
- 18ºC on average: Winters in Barcelona are mild while the summers are warm.
- 80% sunny: Barcelona’s weather is predominantly sunny with little rain.
- 4.2 km of beaches: The city has seven beaches, ten minutes from the center.
- 2,000+ years: More than 2,000 years of history have left their mark on the city.
- 1.6 M population: Barcelona has 1.6 million inhabitants, 18% of whom are foreigners.
- 1,000+ startups: Barcelona has one of the most developed startup ecosystems.
How much does it cost to live in Barcelona?
At the following link you can check the cost of living and day-to-day necessities in the Catalan capital:
Barcelona rises to third place in Europe for startup creation
This is one position higher than the previous year's edition.
CAP Management project triumphs at the Innovation Awards
NewsProfessors & Research
The CAP Management project won yesterday the 'Coup de Coeur du public' (public's favorite) award at the 4th edition of the TBS Education Innovation Awards.
Q&A Online session
Do you have doubts about student visas, accommodation, or the procedures you have to carry out to come to TBS Education in Barcelona?
Podium at Babson Challenge for Salvus project
Ena Kontic and Youssef Salah, students of the Social & Digital Entrepreneurship track of the Bachelor in Management TBS Education program in Barcelona, have achieved the third position in the prestigious BABSON Global Student Challenge.
Renting: an ally of the circular economy
How can the economy be kept alive? And how does this relate to renting? Among the various strategies proposed by the circular economy is what is known as Customer Centricity, which focuses on the user (the customer) and not the product.
MSc programs | Online information session
If you want to learn more about our MSc programs, do not miss out on our online information session!
Bachelor in Management | Online information session
If you want to learn more about our Bachelor in Management, do not miss out on our online information session!
Master in Management | Online information session
If you want to learn more about our Master in Management, do not miss out on our online information session!
International Representatives Seminar
This special event is designed for TBS Education collaborators providing them with key information about our programs, our city, campus life, and other important elements of the TBS Education experience.
Looks like summer is coming!
TBS Education Summer School
Books that everyone should read in their lifetime
List of books everyone should read.
Barcelona’s must-see Museums
List of museums to visit in Barcelona during your stay.
Barcelona is regarded as one of the world’s best cities
According to the British newspaper "The Telegraph," Barcelona is the "best city in the world."
Everything you need to know about Barcelona
What you need to know about living in Barcelona.
All the news