Living in Barcelona
Find out why Barcelona is the place to be, what you need to know to settle into the city and how TBS Education can help you with your student life so you can get the most out of your time here, both academically and socially.
Barcelona, a city for study and work
Get to know a modern, cosmopolitan and active city that’s full of opportunities:
- Best university city in Spain (QS, 2022)
- The city with the best foreign investment strategy (fDi, 2023).
- 2nd startup hub preferred by founders from UE countries to create a startup (ACCIÓ, 2023).
- Venue of the Mobile World Congress and one of Europe’s major business tourism capitals (Convention Bureau, 2021).
- 18ºC on average: Winters in Barcelona are mild while the summers are warm.
- 80% sunny: Barcelona’s weather is predominantly sunny with little rain.
- 4.2 km of beaches: The city has seven beaches, ten minutes from the center.
- 2,000+ years: More than 2,000 years of history have left their mark on the city.
- 1.6 M population: Barcelona has 1.6 million inhabitants, 18% of whom are foreigners.
- 2,022+ startups: Barcelona has one of the most developed startup ecosystems.
How much does it cost to live in Barcelona?
At the following link you can check the cost of living and day-to-day necessities in the Catalan capital:
Study trips to Amsterdam and Paris
Our MSc International Business have visited Amsterdam, and MSc Fashion and Luxury Marketing went on a trip to Paris.
Honorary Distinction and Special Mention awards for Bachelor in Management final projects, by Càritas
Yesterday, it was held the awards ceremony of the Final Degree Projects of Bachelor in Management by Càritas.
TBS Education is ranked 3rd in the HappyIndex®AtSchool ranking by ChooseMyCompany
The HappyAtScool ranking places TBS in the 3rd place.
Open day at TBS Education-Barcelona
Our campus hosted an open day to show the facilities and provide information about our Bachelor in Management.
TBS Education 120th anniversary
EventsNewsTBS AlumniTBS Community
120 years ago today, our institution officially became a business school recognised by the Ministry of Education.
How Decathlon leverages digital technologies for circular economy, by Luc Teerlinck
Luc Teerlinck visits our campus in order to talk about Decathlon’s innovative business model.
TBSeeds projects pitching at Impact Hub
TBSeeds incubated projects are presented at the Impact Hub as a pitching appointment.
Saló de l’Ensenyament 2023
Our school attended, once again, one of the most important academic fairs in Barcelona and Catalonia.
Professor Pervez Ghauri’s research seminar: “The role of MNEs in achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”
NewsProfessors & Research
Our MSc International Business students attend a research seminar starring professor Pervez Ghauri, from International Business at Birmingham Business School (UK).
Digital Technologies and Higher Education
Professors & Research
Gabriel Zúñiga, director of studies of TBS Education-Barcelona, talks about digital technology on higher education.
The Gymtive Project
Five Bachelor in Management students develop Gymtive, a brand with sports bras that allows tanning without marks.
Master in Management | Online information session
If you want to learn more about our Master in Management, do not miss out on our online information session!
3D Printed Homes Project
Our Bachelor in Management students developed a 3D printing technology to build houses in a period of two months.
Prize Day Awards Ceremony 2023 for the Student Recognition Awards
Yesterday, TBS Education-Barcelona held the first Prize Day Award Ceremony in the new campus, which stands for student recognition in and out of the academic field.
All the news