TBS in Barcelona is the Spanish campus of TBS Business School and one of the most international campuses of the group, where Bachelor, Master and other short programs like the Summer School are delivered.
To have a truly international experience in Barcelona is possible at TBS Business School. Each year, more than 600 students from around the world are taught in our classrooms, which are situated in the heart of one of Europe’s most inspirational cities.
TBS is a multicampus business school with its main headquarters in Toulouse, as well as three more campuses in Barcelona, Casablanca and Paris. The future talent of the business world is shaped at TBS Business School, most importantly from an international and practical perspective.
In Barcelona, programs are taught entirely in English. TBS students hail from over 60 different countries, in addition to Barcelona being one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Spain.
TBS rankings and accreditations
TBS Business School occupies top positions in both the international and French rankings:
- 1st place in the MOCI ranking of bachelor’s degrees in international business (2020).
- 1st place in the FT120 ranking of business schools and Internet of Things (2021).
- 3rd place in the L’Etudiant ranking of Bachelor in Management degrees (2021).
- 4th place in the L’Etudiant ranking of bachelor’s degrees in terms of academic excellence (2021).
- 11th place in the Le Parisien Etudiant ranking of bachelor’s degree programs (2021).
- 13th place in the L’Etudiant ranking of French business schools (2021).
- 11th place in the Challenges ranking of French business schools (2020).
- 12th place in the Figaro Etudiant ranking of French business schools (2021).
- 58th place in the Financial Times ranking of European business schools (2020).
- 60th place in the Financial Times ranking of Masters in Management (2020).
Furthermore, TBS Business School is one of the few business schools that can claim to possess the sector’s three international accreditations: EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB. In total, only 1% of business schools worldwide have this triple accreditation.
Study in Barcelona
- 1st place as the best student city in Spain (QS, 2019).
- 1st place as the city with the best foreign investment strategy (fDi, 2019).
- 1st place as Southern Europe’s most dynamic startup ecosystem (Gencat, 2018).
- 8th city in the world to live, visit, research, and work (World Best Cities 2021 ranking)
- 5th best city to build a startup (EU-Start-Ups 2020 report)
- 3rd best ecosystem for startups (Startup Heatmap Europe 2021).
- 2nd best city in strategy to attract the technology sector (fDi Intelligence 2020 report)
- 5th in the prospect of receiving investments in innovation, technology, and start-ups (Top 10 Tech Cities of The Future 2020/2021)
- 7th city in the list of cities as the most powerful tourist brands (Saffron City Brand Barometer 2020 ranking)
- 4th city in the BCW 2021 Ranking of Sports Cities, 2021 (TSE Consulting and Around the rings magazine).
- 21st list of most competitive cities in the world by Global Power City Index (2020).
TBS Business School in Barcelona has academic programs: an official degree, the Bachelor in Management; as well as an official master’s degree, the Master in Management; five Master of Science qualifications and one summer course for undergraduate students.
The facilities are situated in the very center of the city:
Trafalgar 10, 08010
Consell de Cent 417-419, 08010
Trafalgar 6, 08010
Campuses: Open Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Summer schedule: 9 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Library: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Statistics for TBS in Barcelona
Eight academic programs
Eight permanent research professors
150+ associate professors
Faculty and research
The TBS Business School professors are experts who maintain close contact with the business sector alongside their intensive research projects, which are conducted at an international level. Meet the Barcelona professors or browse the entire TBS faculty.
The international character of TBS Business School is reflected in the statistics that show where our students come from.
Learning through practice
The key to your experience at TBS Business School in Barcelona will be our hands-on methodology in the classes and the professional internships at real companies
The best way to learn business is by putting your knowledge into practice. For this reason, professional internships with companies are an essential part of the curriculum of all our programs.
Furthermore, to make the leap into the working world easier, the classes at TBS Business School are developed according to a hands-on methodology. This involves putting theory into practice through case studies, exercises with real companies, working in teams, and public presentations.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, this Barcelona-based business school is for you. TBS Business School nurtures business talent through its Career Starter and Business Starter services. So if you have your own project, TBS Business School will give you the tools you need to develop it.
A little history
The Barcelona site of TBS Business School, formerly ESEC, was founded in 1995 by the French Chamber of Commerce in Barcelona. Their aim was to create a business school in Barcelona that was of the same quality as the French Grandes Écoles. TBS Business School, known at the time as ESC Toulouse, was their academic partner.
In 2004, TBS Business School (ESC Toulouse) acquired ESEC, which then became their Barcelona campus. However, the Barcelona business school grew so rapidly that in 2008 it had to relocate to the current facilities in calle Trafalgar and calle Bailén, right in the heart of the city.
In 2013, ESC Toulouse officially changed its name to Toulouse Business School (TBS). The Barcelona campus, known up until then as ESEC, also changed its name to TBS Business School in Barcelona.
Since that moment, the Barcelona campus has continued to grow: in 1997 it began with 45 students, but now has over 700; in the beginning, it started with 4 employees and around 40 professors, at present it employs over 30 professionals and some 160 professors; in 1997, the school’s students hailed from 3 different countries, whereas today there are over 60 nationalities among our student body.
TBS Business School, the multi-campus business school
4 campuses, 3 accreditations, 1 school open to the world
TBS Business School, founded in Toulouse (France), has been shaping the future talent of the business sector for over 100 years.
Each year, more than 5,000 students fill the classrooms on the four TBS campuses in Toulouse, Barcelona, Casablanca and Paris