Mobile World Congress Barcelona 2023
published on 13.12.22
Once again, Mobile World Congress is hosted in Barcelona, taking place in Fira de Barcelona between February 27th and March 2nd, 2023. This event is meant to give rise to build bridges between technologically advanced and communication companies, new talents and mobile enthusiasts, as well as the attendance of other industries such as sales, finance and media.
Opportunities for start-up’s
GSMA, the organizing corporation of this congress, has included a specific section on this year’s agenda addressed to start-up’s with the purpose of creating a connection between investors and recent-founded companies with future growth expectations.
This matter of the MWC is called 4YFN, and it is well awaited because of the fact that it will be attended by pioneer CEOs of international companies. Some examples are the ones selected in the following list:
- Börje Ekholm, CEO and president of Ericsson Group
- José María Álvarez-Pallete, CEO of Telefónica and president of GSMA
- Christel Heydemann, CEO of Orange Group
- Timotheus Höttges, CEO of Deutsche Telekom
- Vincent Clark, CEO of Ocean & Logistics of Maersk
- Mats Granryd, Director General of GSMA
- Acceleration: refers to 5G and 6G technologies, the growth of software, the transformation of industries and changes in business models.
- Reality +: it seeks changes in immersive technology, its improvement and expansion in the fields of commerce, both in the physical and virtual dimensions in order to reach an approach to this virtual vision.
- OpenNet: it introduces a debate on the future of networks, as it aims to reflect on two key aspects: prosperity and agility. It is also related to security and functionality in the future of the network as a fundamental basis of technology.
- FinTech: alludes to financial technology, emphasizing on the future of banking transactions and the rise of new digital currencies, as well as their risks and advantages.
- Digital Everything: it includes the integration of other industries and sectors due to digitalization with the purpose of using resources effectively within all possible fields.
- It is estimated that there will be from 2000 to 2500 exhibitors
- Attendance of more than 180 countries or territories
- There will be conferences leaded by 10 CEO’s or international executives
- More than 40 sponsors or collaborators