Barcelona Branding Week
published on 28.03.22
Last week TBS Education in Barcelona had the pleasure to welcome the MSc Brand Management students from the Sorbonne Business School, for a study tour.
During one week, the students of the Sorbonne Business School participated in many workshops starting with one on brands and design by Francesc Ribot from Elisava.
On the second day, Laura Diaz, representative of the brand, presented a challenge about Anis del Mono to the students. This was combined with a visit to the museum in Badalona, in connection with TBS Education professor, Fabien Pecot’s research on Brand Heritage.
Wednesday was about brand crises. In the morning, the students had the opportunity to listen to Carlos Carrasco and his talk on “Managing Brand Crises: external steakholders, privacy, and botycotts in technological companies”. In the afternoon, they heard about the rebranding of Palau de la Musica Catalana after the Millet crisis, from Judit Pi, head of communications.
On Thursday, Rosemary Trigg, spoke about “Barcelona: Hospitality and Branding”. And on Friday, the last day was about city branding. Marc Sans (Barcelona Activa) presented the co-creative process that led to the new Barcelona brand signature. Fabien Pecot concluded the study tour with a reflection on city branding beyond the case of Barcelona.
In short, a week full of experiences with great exponents in the field, and the great participation of the students of the Sorbonne Business School.
Study Brand Management in Barcelona
By choosing Barcelona for an MSc in Brand Management, students not only gain advanced knowledge and skills in their field but also immerse themselves in a dynamic, culturally rich environment that fosters creativity and innovation.
Here are some compelling reasons to pursue this degree in Barcelona:
- Cultural Hub: Barcelona, as a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, is a melting pot of cultures, arts, and innovative ideas. This cultural richness provides an exceptional backdrop for students to draw inspiration from, enhancing their creative thinking and brand management skills.
- Industry Connections: The city is a hub for numerous national and international companies, offering students unparalleled networking opportunities and potential for real-world experience through internships and collaborations.
- Educational Excellence: Barcelona is home to some of the top business schools in Europe, known for their cutting-edge curricula and emphasis on creativity and strategic thinking. These institutions blend theoretical knowledge with practical applications, ensuring that students are industry-ready upon graduation.
- Diverse Learning Environment: The city attracts students from all over the world, creating a diverse and multicultural learning environment. This diversity enriches classroom discussions and broadens perspectives, essential for brand managers who need to cater to global markets.
- Innovative Ecosystem: Barcelona is recognized for its innovative business environment, particularly in digital and sustainable marketing. Studying here allows students to be at the forefront of emerging marketing trends and technologies.
- Artistic Influence: With its rich artistic heritage, including the works of Gaudí and Picasso, Barcelona provides a constant source of inspiration for students. This artistic influence is invaluable for those looking to infuse creativity into their branding strategies.
- Lifestyle and Quality of Life: Besides the academic and professional advantages, Barcelona offers a high quality of life with its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and rich cultural scene, making the study experience enjoyable and well-rounded.